Sunday, February 6, 2011

Annabel Lately




Annabel amazes us every day. Two days ago she took her first steps without holding our hands. She did it screaming and crying, but she still did it. Then once she did it we made her do it over and over again. She is now taking 6 or 7 steps without our help. She holds her hands straight up in the air and will ONLY do it to walk to her mom.
The reason she did it crying and screaming is because she is a HUGE momma's girl. When I say that I mean, within the last month, she wants NOTHING to do with anybody but me. She is usually happy with her dad but if she hears me or I walk in the room, its over. It is exhausting and I feel bad for her big brother who only gets to have mommy time when she is asleep but I am trying to cherish it now. I know it won't last forever.
At 10 months old Annabel now has 4 teeth, says about 3 words (although we only think "momma" has any meaning), is weaning herself from breastfeeding. She is a big eater but wants nothing to do with baby food. She knows some "tricks" including waving bye-bye, washing her hands, and playing peek-a-boo. She also knows the use for many household objects already. For example, she brushes her hair with a comb, washes her face with washcloths, holds cellphone up to her ear/cheek and points the remote at the tv.
In other news, we had a wonderful weekend going to Recreations Outlet on Saturday to run, play, slide, & swing at their indoor playground and then today we went to the JCC to go swimming in their indoor pool. Combine a 2 year old who still needs help doing things with a 10 month old who will NOT let me put her down and you get a mom who never has a free hand to take pictures. Thanks to Beth and "the boys" we had a great time there though. We owe you guys!

1 comment:

  1. I can NOT believe she is ten months already!!!Wow and walking! What a milestone for such a preety little girl.

    Love Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete